Date:      Mon, 01 Mar 1999 15:25:59 +0000
From:      Dom Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk>
To:        "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tn3270 -> tn5250

On 1 March 1999, "Jasper O'Malley" proclaimed:
> Has anyone ever taken a look at what it would take to beat on the tn3270
> source to turn it into tn5250? I'm following one tn5250 effort that seems
> to be making decent progress, but it's rather Linux-centric (the name of
> the project is linux5250). Seems to me that if the tn3270 source could be
> modified with a minimum of effort, it might make a decent project; one
> that my programming skills aren't quite up to, unfortunately, but a good
> one nonetheless.

The existing tn5250 isn't too bad; it's certainly workable although not
terribly flexible.  It doesn't have any problems compiling on FreeBSD,
although it does require that you have the ncurses port installed (why
do we have such an ancient version of ncurses in our tree)?

I haven't gotten around to submitting my port yet, because when I tried
last time, the ncurses port it depended on was broken.  I'll give it
another go later this afternoon hopefully, now that you've jogged my
memory.
--
Dom Mitchell -- Palmer & Harvey McLane -- Unix Systems Administrator

	Free your mind -- http://www.opensource.org/
the system manager.