Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:38:11 -0500
From:      Steve Brown <gtabug@prayforwind.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Updating software in ports

Hello all,

Ok, I have linux-netscape47-communicator (4.78) installed
from ports. Now 4.79 is out and only change seems to be "Makefile"
so I've downloaded it to my /usr/ports/www/linux-netscape47-communicator
directory with a different name. Should I
a) just rename it to Makefile, make && make install, or
b) make deinstall, rename it, make && make install, or
c) make deinstall, rename it, make && make reinstall, or
d) something else entirely?

Appreciate the help, thanks

Cheers, Steve