Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:39:05 -0600
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "Stephen R. Ceasar" <sceasar@thedenn.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for 2.1.7-RELEASE (was: IBM Thinkpad 340)

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 12:58:29PM +0930 I heard the voice of
Greg 'groggy' Lehey, and lo! it spake thus:

> > 1. Am I correct?
>
> Possibly.  Certainly you're not going to get blazing fast performance
> out of 4 MB of memory.  Can you find any more?

FWIW, I have a 386/16 with 4 megs running 2.1-STABLE (been 2 years since
I did a buildworld, but I think it's still the latest 2.1-STABLE ;).  The
11-day buildworlds are, in my eyes, one of the simple pleasures in life.

> > 2. Where can I find such old versions? The FTP site only seems to
> >    hold versions back to 3.5.1.
>
> Good question.  I have it here, but it would be difficult to get to
> you.  Probably what you want is a subject line which attracts people
> to the issue, something like "Looking for 2.1.7-RELEASE".  Hey, let's
> do it!

I believe one of the Japanese mirrors has a number of old last-in-line
-STABLE versions around.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com