Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 14:34:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bandwidth limited FTP server

On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, dennis wrote:

> >Still no practical ideas about bandwidth limiting?
>
> One interesting way would be to get a frame-relay line with 2 DLCIs and
> assign one of them to the FTP server. Use our bandwidth limiting
> software to limit traffic on the FTP server DLCI. this would effectively
> do what you want for virtually no additonal cost.
>
> Or you could run a separate server using a NM cable locally.

Does a Frame Relay switch need to be in the loop? Or can you run two
FreeBSD boxes back to back with ET cards in them to accomplish the same
thing, i.e. a T1 link with multiple DLCI's eah one with a different
bandwidth limit?

Michael Dillon                                    Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc.                                 Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com                             E-mail: michael@memra.com