Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:17:14 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Subject:   RE: Bye-bye Windows

They're written for linux because that's where the user base is.  It's the
same reason there is more software for Windows than there is for Mac.
Because that's where all the consumers are.  And a company isn't going to
market a product to 4% of people when it can market to 40% (over
exageration).

Linux has the distinction of being the un-microsoft OS and has gotten alot
of publicity because of that (at least initially).  That's my opinion,
basically it was in the right place at the right time.  :^)  From what I
understand, if FreeBSD didn't have some restrictions upon it up until a
couple years ago, maybe BSD would be the "uncola" of choice today.

I personally prefer FreeBSD for many reasons I don't feel like listing here,
but I will also not put down LINUX, as both are very good OS's and alot of
the differences are just personal preference and or to a degree, what
exactly the machine in question would be used for.

Just my 2 cents.
-Chris