Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2000 00:04:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Tim Pozar <pozar@lns.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hauppage WinTV-D Digital TV receiver

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Tim Pozar wrote:

> http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/html/wintv-d.pdf
>
> Anyone have any experience with this card?  I thought instead of
> getting the regular card I would try this one as we have HDTV in
> this area now.

Don't miss the fact that while it does decode from 480i format to 1080i
format, it bring it down to 480i format.  In other words, you won't be
able to tell it's any better quality.  Personally, I think the real McCoy
(real HDTV rendered without bit loss) may be in the future, and I don't
want to buy this half measure.

> Thanks...
> Tim

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.