Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:40:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Clemmitt Sigler <siglercm@alphamb2.phys.vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Strange X/graphics "artifacts."

Hi again,

I'm running CURRENT-20000101-4.0 on a AXPpci33.  I'm using an old Matrox
Mystique 4MB PCI video card, it reports as a Matrox MGA 1064SG rev 2.
When I do X windows stuff, I get a *lot* of wierd graphics "artifacts"
drawn on the screen.  I've tried both the standard XF86_SVGA 335 and the
new 336 servers, and both fvwm2 and twm.  Same thing any way I try it.

When I start up netscape, lots of junk gets drawn on the screen, mainly
horizontal lines.  In addition, when I use pull-down menus that overlap
an X window and the menu goes away it leaves the artifact of the part
that overlapped that window there.  It's like the window's not getting
redrawn properly.

Just wondering if this behavior was a known problem or if I've managed
to mess something up.  Or do I simply need a different video card :^)
TIA, FreeBSD on the Alpha is super!

					Clemmitt Sigler