Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 10:27:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Clemens Hermann <haribeau@gmx.de>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>, <msmeyer@gmx.net>
Subject:   Re: quick mly hack

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Clemens Hermann wrote:

> Am 24.05.2001 um 01:38:04 schrieb Mike Smith:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Hope this helps;
>
> I tried it a few times (generic kernel, custom etc.). I applied
> your patch without modifications to the opriginal mly_cam.c of
> FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE.It kompiles but there is almost no effekt.
> The boot errors are back and the automatic rebuild does not work.

Have you tried removing 'device pass' from your kernel?  That helped
stop the long boot delays and some other errors I used to see relating
to my enclosure controller.  I assume this would achieve the same
effect as telling CAM to ignore the enclosure, since there will be no
drivers that will try to attach to the controller.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For IA32 and Alpha architectures. IA64, PPC, and ARM under development.
   http://www.freebsd.org