Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 09:55:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Shady <rls@mail.id.net>
To:        nmorton@mylanders.com (Nathan Morton)
Cc:        mark@club-web.com, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP

> > >We have a machine that currently runs bsdi2.01 and are getting ready to
> > >put freebsd on it. It has a dual processor board and was wondering if
> > >anybody is using Freebsd with 2 processors and how it is
> > >working out?
>
> > Form what i understand, BSDI doesn't support (or use) dual processors...
> > same with freebsd.. though i might be wrong.
> >
> No bsdi doesn't support dual processors, but freebsd3.0 does.

I've used FreeBSD 3.0 with dual pentium pro 200's and it seemed to work
okay, although the disk xfer speed was significantly less than a similar
setup single pp200 (Both w/asus motherboards & IDE drives).  Dunno what
the problem was there, but we ended up scrapping the project so I never
really got to tinker to much with it.

    -- Rob