Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 13:13:37 -0600 (CST)
To:        davide@galactica.it
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic !!

In reply:
> From: davide@galactica.it
> To: hackers@FreeBSD.org
> Date: 18 Jan 1996 12:00:32 GMT
> Subject: panic !!
>
> Hi,
>
> Sometimes my FreeBSD 2.0 reboots saying:
> Panic: kmem_map (or mb_map) too small !
>
> I know that this problem is caused by a vm problem,
> My system has 48mb Ram ... I think that's' enought...
> Can anyone help me to avoi this problem ?
> Can I increase the size of these maps ?
>
> Thanks for reply
> Ciao
> Davide
> ----
> davide@galactica.it

try this in you kernel config and recompile:

options "NMBCLUSTERS=1024"	# m_buf table size

Will somebody please put a commented out version of this in LINT!

Jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or