Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:23:21 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports refusing to build...

[on -current]

So I updated the vmware port via CVS today
but it refuses to build with:
jules# make
Error: your port uses an old layout.  Please update it to match this
bsd.port.mk.  If you have updated your ports collection via cvsup and are still
getting this error, see Q12 and Q13 in the cvsup FAQ on http://www.polstra.com
for further information.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/vmware.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/vmware.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/vmware.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/vmware.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/vmware.
qustions 12 and 13 are:

12.But you said above that CVSup won't delete any files if I don't have
   a checkouts file. If I adopt my existing files as you describe, don't
   I run a risk that some files which should be deleted won't be deleted?
13.How can I adopt my FreeBSD-2.2.5 sources, and update them directly to
   FreeBSD-current?

I don't see how these are relavent since I mirror the CVS tree and checked
the ports out from CVS.

Is it true that the ports tree cannot build at the moment because
it's inconsitent with itself?

--
      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org