Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 10:20:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Enoioe/aneee oaeoeuoao <webhist@hist.dcn-asu.ru>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Help

UPS's seem to be the question of the day....

I'm running a SmartUPS from APS with UPSd (see below) for FreeBSD.  Aside
from some annoying console messages that I haven't taken the time to redirect,
it works fine.  (Paul Root was working on this, back in March (see List
Archives) but I don't know if he solved it.)

Plug the UPS in, attach the supplied cable to your com port (they will provide
adapters for other com ports).

Read the instructions in UPSd for compiling.

Patrick

UPSd can be gotten from:
ftp://ftp.ww.net/pub/wildwind/upsd/
it's in xperiment on the CD