Date:      Wed, 9 Sep 1998 23:48:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Henry Miller <hank@black-hole.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   elf hitch (my fault)

You knew the elf process couldn't be perfectly smooth for everyone.  In
this case it is my fault, but someone should note it in teh documentation.
(better yet if you would skip the upgrade in this case, but detecting it
isn't always easy)

Anyway, I didn't have enough space in /usr, even after moving /usr/src to
a different disk.  Elf takes up more room that I anticipated, at least for
the install.  I now have working a.out stuff, and unknown elf. gcc can
still compile a.out so I'm not hosed.

I plan on buying anouther harddrive.  (soon as I decide what brand is
quality this month, and how much space to get.  fortunatly money isn't a
big issue.) Until then I have two questions:

How much additional space do I need to install elf.

What is the proper way to get rid of the partial elf install that I have?
I'd like to reclaim some additional space until I get the new drive
installed.

--
      http://blugill.home.ml.org/
      hank@black-hole.com