Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 10:54:42 +0800
From:      miaobo@mail.zhongxing.com
To:        Jack Rusher <jar@web.integratus.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASYCH/message-based programming style

Thanks for your immediate response:

  It enlights me of some principles to access event driven programming
library. But I can't imagine what the primitives you mentioned would like,
can you give a breif list of them? Or, can you indicate what part of X
window code that I can learn of how to build up my own event-driven library
under UNIX? I wish it would not be too complicated since that Xlib and Xt
stuffs are nightmares to me. @_@

  Or, as I mentioned, I think knowing the procedure of: from NIC receives a
network packet to application's blocked read() returns, will be helpful to
me. Can you give a basic introduction on this or just refer what parts of
kernel code that I should look at?