Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 18:56:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      batie@agora.rdrop.com (Alan Batie)
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        peter@clari.net.au, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail weirdness

> beginning to smell some sort of incompatability in the BSD stack and
> Qualcomm's popper, but I personally have users who download megabytes of
> email every day w/out a problem, so maybe it's a modem setup problem?

I hooked my laptop up to a cell phone and tried to use Eudora to download
my mail while out of town over New Year's.  The time it actually made it
far enough to start downloading messages, it made it through about 80 of
them before hanging.  Being WinDoze 1895, there's squat for information
about what's going on, but kermit did work, with only one or two call
drops.  It's definitely a hostile environment.  Some others around said
they thought there might be timing problems with POP.

--
Alan Batie                   ______
batie@agora.rdrop.com        \    /      Assimilate this!

It is my policy to avoid purchase of any products from companies which
use unrequested email advertisements or telephone solicitation.