Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 1996 10:12:23 +0300
From:      kallio@cc.jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio)
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, Branson Matheson <branson@longstreet.larc.nasa.gov>
Cc:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netboot / Dosboot

At 16:40 4.1.96, Steve Passe wrote:
>Hi,
>
>> branson@freefall.freebsd.org > file netboot.com
>> netboot.com: PDP-11 executable not stripped
>
>you want to run: nb8390.com
>
>also, it won't work as is with a NE2000 board, write me for details if that
>applies.

I am using Netboot. It works nice but if you want swap on local disk and
local temp the configuration is a little complicated.

There is also dosboot. I did try it, but I do not understand how it should
be used. It could not find root device. There was some instruction to
define kernel root or something lkike that what does that mean? Could it be
possible to have root fs in DOS or same root in NFS as netboot-users have?

Seppo

--
 +--    Seppo Kallio       -----             kallio@jyu.fi              ---+
 !    Computing Center       !   Fax +358-41-603611 Phone +358-41-603606   !