Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 20:36:15 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        scotchman <scotchman@netzero.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: System Requirements

scotchman wrote:

> What are the system requirements to use FreeBSD? Thanks.

A mailer which doesn't send mail in HTML format is very useful.

Seriously, assuming you're using the i386 version, you need a 386 or
above with at least 12MB of RAM (I think that's the latest figure for
RAM, it seems to change a lot).  I think you can run in 8 but you need 12
for install.  I'd give 16 as the lowest practical minimum.

As for disk space, it depends how much you want to do with it, but you
should be able to do a minimal install in about 200MB plus a bit for
swap.

--
Ben Smithurst                 / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /