Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:23:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Denis DeLaRoca <delaroca@ucla.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <sos@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.6 CD-ROM Install Problems

:Hi!
:
:I am unable to install 4.6-RELEASE from CD-ROM. I boot allright, go into
:the installer, configure the installation and then after the new file
:systems are created and the installer is attempting to extract the 'bin'
:distribution into the '/' root directory reading from the CD-ROM stops...
:
:The virtual tty 2 shows amongst its messages,
:
:acd0: READ_BIG Command timeout -- resetting
:ata1: resetting devices
:...

    This seems to be the same problem described a few days / week or two
    ago.  Someone replied in that thread (included below) with a possible
    fix, though I'm not sure what the instructions would be to fix this
    from a CD boot.

						-Matt