Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 09:28:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        patrick@cre8tivegroup.com (Patrick Gardella)
Cc:        conrads@neosoft.com, dbaker@neosoft.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Smart UPS -- any experts out there?

In a previous message, Patrick Gardella said:
> I'm running a SmartUPS from APS with UPSd (see below) for FreeBSD.  Aside
> from some annoying console messages that I haven't taken the time to redirect,
> it works fine.  (Paul Root was working on this, back in March (see List
> Archives) but I don't know if he solved it.)

I recompiled the upsd source, with local3 instead of daemon (?) and removed
local3 from /var/log/messages and console. And added:

!upsd
local3.* 			/var/log/upsd.log

And that fills upsd.log but messages and console still get that stupid,
badly worded  "negative response - No" messages. Grrr.

I doubt I'll be working on it further. Our machines are moving into a
computer room with a big UPS. Hurray.

Paul.

--
"The proper way to deal with the Jehovah's Witness is a Claymore or Bouncing
 Betty-type anti-personnel weapon. Sadly city ordinances preclude