Date:      Thu, 02 Jul 1998 21:20:51 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Chris Radek <cradek@in221.inetnebr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet driver 2.1 -> 2.2 help

> Hello all -
>
> A while back I promised to work on a driver for the Accton EtherPocket
> parallel port ethernet device.  Well, I have good news and bad news.
> I developed the driver under 2.1.7 and it is working beautifully
> there.
>
> Now, however, I want the driver to work under 2.2.X. Looks like
> things have changed a bit since 2.1.

Uh, no insult, but it would be Really Nice if you could port it to 3.0
so that we could commit it and have it maintained.  There's also this
really nice infrastructure for parallel-port devices in 3.0...

> I've done what look like the obvious things, and now the driver
> compiles again but doesn't work.  I'm hoping someone has a description
> of exactly what had to be changed for the 2.2 port.  (I guess someone
> went through all the drivers and did this?)

This depends.  Given that you wrote the driver, and you know what
doesn't work, I think you're really the only one that knows how to fix
it given the above information.