Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:53:46 +1000
From:      David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>
To:        Edwin Culp <eculp@webwizard.org.mx>, Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>
Cc:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 and -current

On Wed, Sep 09, 1998 at 11:22:16AM -0500, Edwin Culp wrote:
>Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth wrote:
>
>> The latest alpha of XFree86 (3.9Nd) build & runs fine under ELF, providing you
>> have set up your host.def correctly.
>>
>>         Stephen
>
>I think that is marvelous, but isn't it restricted to XFree86 developers?   Where
>can a person get the sources?

The source is not generally available, and even if it was, it wouldn't
be terribly useful to most people -- the XFree86 server code is going
through a major architectural change and most drivers haven't been
converted yet.

3.9Nd includes the ELF patches that have been posted to this list over
the last week or so, and the only point I can see in Stephen mentioning
it here is that it is an example of a successful build using those
patches.  There is nothing in that version in respect of ELF that hasn't
already been seen on this list.

I expect to make a few further changes when I've converted one of my boxes
to ELF and done some testing.  When I do, I can post any further patches.

David