Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 01:39:20 +0300
From:      "Oleg V. Volkov" <rover@lglobus.ru>
To:        opentrax@email.com
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bin/22954: cron isn't daylight savings-aware

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 09:27:57AM -0800, opentrax@email.com wrote:
[skip]
> Quite the contrary. I'm stating, as tactfully as I can,
> this runs counter to our internal policy. Something I
> feel deeply about also. I'm also stating I don't expect anyone
> to do much about (neither FreeBSD or me). I'm not here
> to argue with anyone about the merits of this part of the
> system. Quite the contrary, I'm saying that:
>
> 1..I know it works
> 2..It is a bit underdevelop(given the volunteers time).
> 3..And I'm not going to make a big deal about.
>
> So, if I can state plainly, our company and I have no intentions
> of supporting CVS as a means of fixing short falls in the system.
> CVS, by OUR definition, is for tracking the system prior to
> shipping; NOT once it's in the field. Once our system hit
> the field (and this includes development machines), updating
> is not advocated or encourage. This is our internal policy,
> something we don't expect other people to follow or adhere to.

Hint: using cvsweb will never touch ANY of your files. It's just a web site,
where you can see what've been done and when (just like this list. I hope
this list is not probhited by your company policy).
Hint #2: /etc/crontab is configuration file, not system source. Or in your
company you never add anything to /etc/crontab?

--
Oleg V. Volkov aka Rover                                       EH: CM Rover
Join Elite Imperial Fleet!                    http://www.emperorshammer.org