Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 1995 13:24:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      NatureBoy <mephisto@nosferatu.cas.usf.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   nsf and 3/22 snap

I'm using a 1.1.5.1 machine to serve up nfs to serveral 3/22 snapshot
machines (with kernels from a snapshot of the 3/24 source).  I am now
seeing idle usage on the server, as reported by uptime, staying between
.35 and 1.5 even when the client machines have no one logged in, and are
running anything on the nfs mounted filesystems.  This was not happening
with the older snapshots.  I have had between 4 and 8 nfsd's running on
the server to see if that influences anything, which it doesn't.  The
clients are running 2-4 nfsiod's.  On the server one or two of the nfsd's
(though not alway the same pid) will show cpu usage from a "ps aux" as
being between .3 to 2.0.  Is anyone seeing something similar?  Anyone know
what tools might be good to see where the problem is?

Thanx,
Joseph Orthoefer
CAS Computing
University of South Florida