Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 1999 19:36:52 +0100
From:      "Kevin Quinlan (UK)" <KevinQ@ctxuk.citrix.com>
To:        thierry.herbelot@alcatel.fr
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Kernel crashes using FreeBSD 3.1

Thierry,

On Wednesday, June 02, 1999 3:29 PM, Thierry Herbelot
[SMTP:Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr] wrote:

> This is really strange : I've used cvsup since 2.2.6 and I've never seen
> such a bug. It may be a subtle hardwar fault on your machine.

I agree that sounds a possibility.

> Can you "make buildworld" on this machine ? This is a most stressful
> operation, so if the compile goes to its end, you'll be sure your
> hardware is sane.

Completed without fault.

I am building a debug kernel now as that seems the most likely method of
finding where the problem lies, I take it from the answers that I have
received that no fixes have been submitted for the half dozen of so similar
occurrences that are listed in the GNATS database.

Thanks

Kevin Quinlan