Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 1999 12:53:19 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "David Shafer" <fromrochny@email.msn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My FreeBSD Experience

> When FreeBSD is "ready for prime time" I'll try it again.  In the meantime,
> I'll stick with Windows, warts and all.  To paraphrase Charles Dickens, Mr.
> Bill Gates may be "a grasping, covetous old sinner" but his OS does install.

Comments like this are unhelpful.  FreeBSD installs just fine and I
and many many thousands of other folks install it all the time.  Given
the most elementary laws of statistics, I have to assume that the
fault is yours (in fact, I'd bet money on it).  Unfortunately, you
don't give us enough detail on the failure to tell you precisely where
you screwed it up.

> P.S.  I'm a professional programmer and I've worked on HP-UX and Solaris
> systems so I really do have an inkling of what I'm doing.  IMHP, FreeBSD

Based on the content and tone of this message, I have to say that I
have serious doubts about the veracity of this statement.
Nonetheless, if sticking with Windows is your bag then I can only
suggest that you stick with it.

- Jordan