Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 17:52:33 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        Eric Lemiere <elemiere@matra-ms2i.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.1 installation troubleshooting

Hello,

From the errata of the 3.1 release (il faut lire les errata !!!)
(http://www.freebsd.org/releases/3.1R/errata.html) :

o  DOS installation fails when you actually follow the instructions
   to install stuff under C:\FREEBSD\BIN\... and so on.

Fix: The instructions are correct but the code was wrong in 3.1-RELEASE,
     sysinstall looking instead directly under C:\ (e.g. C:\BIN\...)
     or under C:\RELEASES\ (C:\RELEASES\BIN\... and so on).  Fixed
     in 3.1-STABLE.

Some CD-ROM drives do not work well as master - you could use it as a
slave to your disk drive.

	TfH