Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 1996 20:15:07 -0300 (EST)
From:      "Lenzi, Sergio" <lenzi@cwbone.bsi.com.br>
To:        "Rui A. Castro" <aquadata@telepac.pt>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using FreeBSD on a very low cost Inter/Intranet project

On Thu, 7 Mar 1996, Rui A. Castro wrote:

> Hi to all at FreeBSD.org.
>
> After 7 years of working and studying the DOS/Win/Intel combo and
> avoiding Unix at all cost, I think that I have come to the point
> where there is not much more to learn or to be challenged by. So I
> decided to start studying and using something that I had refused for all
> this time - Unix.

Be wellcome friend. That's a new world. You'll see.

> Being kind of new at it and at very technical internetworking
> technologies and communications I get lost some times.
>
> That's where FreeBSD comes on scene. I've read on a document I
> downloaded from your site, that one can use FreeBSD, a pre-historical
> i386 computer and a COMM board to build a low cost router.
>
> Now this is where things get more complicated. I have built a Netware
> 3.11 network at the office and I need to know the following:
>

> 	1 - I think I can use FreeBSD to establish a Internet server. Am
> 	I right?
Yes a powerfull one.

> 	2 - Can I then connect my NW3.11 network to the FreeBSD Internet
> 	Gateway so I can use it in dual mode (Internet/Intranet)?

Yes in an easy way. It's all in the CD.

> 	3 - Can I use a FreeBSD system to provide dial-up access to my
> 	WWW site (multi-line, multi-modem)?

Yes, I have build several internet providers using FreeBSD and a dumb
serial board.

> Any and all help would be appreciated, as would some book tips on these
> subjects.

You can count on me. or as you say:

Pode contar conosco, tem gente boa aqui no Brazil,
tem o Pedro do Instituto de Quimica que e' um cara bom pacas.

Um abraco,