Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:41:01 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 7892?

Brian McGovern wrote to questions@FreeBSD.ORG:

> I just got an HP machine with an Adaptec 7892 on the motherboard. While I
> don't need it to run (I'm putting in a 2940 for a second disk and a CD-RW
> drive anyhow), I'd be interested in recognizing this card under 3.4. According
> to the release notes, 789X cards are supported. Is this just a matter of
> adding something to one of the drivers to recoginize the version? Do I need
> to go to 4.0? Or am I SOL?
> 	-Brian

root@stimpy:/etc> dmesg | grep Ad
ahc0: <Adaptec aic7890/91 Ultra2 SCSI adapter> port 0xb000-0xb0ff mem
0xdd800000-0xdd800fff irq 9 at device 6.0 on pci0

Make sure ahc0 is enabled in your kernel, and things should perk right
up... My controller is on an ASUS P2B-S motherboard.

This is under 4.0, but I've done the same under 3.4.

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Systems Administrator, Accounts

  SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2