Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 18:47:10 -0500
From:      "Charles Ebert" <kd5ob@theshop.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   The low priority items

I'm a little slow.  Did I read correctly that Threaded processes are
not supported?  And the next line down from that mentioned something
of the same, however, can I assume it is to deal with multiprocessor
CPU boards as well?

I can understand the rush to invent new drives and support three
channel scsi cards and all that.

I was always told of UNIX's unique ability to run multiple processor
systems.  I never imagined that this system would have a problem with
threading.  I was hoping that the multiple processor issue would
have a higher priority than it does.

I'm a commercial windows programmer.  I also work on OS2.
Seems like this environment is similar to OS2 in the aspect that
OS2 for the most part relys on one processor.  Yet OS2 has support
for threading 5,000 some odd tasks and do it with 255 seperate
sessions.

>From what I've read this Free BSD seems to support multiple sessions.
Yet I also read something about DLL's being supported, but I guess
you can't thread anything.

As the system piles up, wouldn't it be more and more difficult to
achieve these goals?  I'm very tempted to help but the only working
PC I have right now is this toshiba portable.

Perhaps I will get into this next year as I plan on building another
machine.  You have caught my eye with all this.

I just love messes.  Love resolving them, working on them.
You can only play so many card games you know.

--
Charlie