Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 1996 20:03:08 -0700
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Has anyone run x11perf on 2.1.5-RELEASE?

Out of curiosity, I started up x11perf when I got home from work this
afternoon.  The machine is doing nothing else -- but x11perf has been runing
for two and a half hours.  It's now reporting that it is doing 4 repts @21
seconds (that's 21, 000 msec!) for the 500x500 GetImage.  The X server has
slowed down incredibly, to the point where moving the cursor around results
in sio overruns on the serial port!

This is the S3-accellerated server.

The machine has 64MBytes of RAM, and 256M of swap; top reports it is using
22M of RAM, and only 64k of swap.  x11perf appears to be gathering no more
CPU time, but the X server is eating up 99+% of the CPU!

Sean.