Date:      Sun, 30 Sep 2001 20:43:01 +0200
From:      "G.P. de Boer" <g.p.de.boer@st.hanze.nl>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boottime hang on OPTi soundcard (4.4-RELEASE)

Dear readers,

Today (30th September) I cvsupped from 4.3-RELEASE-p15 to RELENG_4_4 to get
the newest release and world. I compiled a new kernel with the same kernel
config the box already used, but with USER_LDT added because of mplayer,
which said it could  use it. But, after the reboot my box hung itself up on
my OPTi931 ISA soundcard, which worked with 4.3 flawlessly.

It gets detected:
pcm0: <OPTi931> at port 0x534-0x537,0x380-0x38b,0x220-0x22f,0xe0c-0xe0f irq
5 drq 0,1 on isa0
But after that the box dies.

I tried the old 4.3 kernel, it worked. I tried the new 4.4 kernel without
soundcard, no problemo. I tried the old kernconf, without USER_LDT, with
soundcard, box died.

Anyone know what is possibly going wrong here?

With regards,
Pieter de Boer