Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:05:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
To:        Chris Doherty <chris-freebsd@randomcamel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Stability

> On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 06:09:11PM -0600, Dave Uhring said:
> > You do realize, I hope, that Linux and Solaris roll over their uptimes
> > at something like 492 days.
>
> from http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/accuracy.html#whichos
> --
> Additionally HP-UX, Linux, Solaris and recent releases of FreeBSD cycle
> back to zero after 497 days, exactly as if the machine had been rebooted
> at that precise point. Thus it is not possible to see a HP-UX, Linux or
> Solaris system with an uptime measurement above 497 days.
> --

It's been years since I've used solaris, but if this is really the case
then how come there's this entry:

26   www.cravath.com   102 ok    892   939   940   Solaris 8
Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) PHP/4.2.3

That's certainly more than 492 days... so even if they do reboot, netcraft
is ignoring it or accomodating it seems like.

-philip