Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 15:01:57 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@picus.com>
To:        "Danny" <dannyh@idx.com.au>, "J Peltier" <james@aspert.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Apache on BSD SQL on NT

After installing the apache13 port, install the mod_php3 port (I don't know
about php4 yet).

When you do a make on the mod_php3 port, you'll be presented with a dialog
asking what options you wnat support for.  One of those options is
Sybase-CT.  Select it and whatever other options you want, and let the build
proceed (the port will pull in freetds as a dependancy).

Once completed, review the documentation for FreeTDS.  You'll need to make
sure you have the following:

1. Proper entry in your interfaces file, located somewhere under
/usr/local/etc/

2. SYBASE environment variable needs to be set to '/usr/local' before
running Apache.  I do this in the apachectl script so that it's set every
time I stop/start apache manually.

Once done, you should be able to access your SQL7 server without issue.
I've done it, and it works well enough.  Sorry the details here are sketchy,
but the whole setup is on a vmware system that I don't have ready access to
(need to license it).

G'luck,

--
  Troy Settle
  Network Analyst

It's always a long day... 86400 doesn't fit into a short