Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 22:30:36 -0400
From:      Pete Christie <christie@idsi.net>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   (newbie)/usr file system has UNEXPECTED INCONSISTANICES

I am real green (we're talking emerald city here) when working with
FreeBSD, so please use the -v argument when responding (I did however
grow up on DOS, so I kinda understand the processes, just not the
procedures)

I was mucking around with Gnome (and enlightenment) (nothing to deep,
just poking around the typical 'user' stuff, I wasn't messing with any
.conf files or anything) on a relatively new install of v4.2 and when I
tried to exit and the system locked up, I tried the Ctrl-Alt-BackSpace,
but the machine rebooted and now I get an error message that /usr can't
be mounted because of  'UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCIES'. While I'd like to
get to the root (ha! my first -nix humor) of the lockup, I'm gonna need
to have /usr back if at all possible. Now I understand I'm supposed to
include some log files and such, but at this point I could spend a few
evenings just figuring out how to get this info over to my Win98 machine
to include it in this message, so please forgive me  . . .

TIA

Pete C