Date:      Sat, 6 May 1995 09:42:53 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        uh@grep.cs.fsu.edu (Gang-Ryung Uh)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (user alias)
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-current

> Hi, all!!
>
> Today, I did download all the sources of /pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src
> using 'wu-ftpd'  at the ftp.FreeBSD.org (I like to use the sup, but I got
> time-out when I do sup on gnu directory...!!! Yes!! I am using the slip
> connection.)
>
> Now my next question is what I have to do in order to upgrade my system (2.0R)
> to current snapshot, and what should I be really careful before upgrading my
> system. (simply type 'make world'???)

One thing comes to mind: On the way from 2.0R to -current the inet structures
have been changed. So be careful that you don't depend on a network
connection as soon as you have made 'world' since from then on your
network program (netstat, route etc.) do not match your (old) kernel.

> I do really appreciate your reply.
>
> Thanks.
> --Uh

> Uh Gang-Ryung
>
> e-mail: uh@cs.fsu.edu
> Work Phone: 644-3366

FreeBSD blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de BUILT-19950501 FreeBSD BUILT-19950501 #0:
Mon May  1 17:20:21 MET DST 1995     root@blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de:/usr/sr
c/sys/compile/BLUESGUS  i386