Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:17:42 -0500
From:      "David N Hare" <pixiedave@attbi.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   missing map file

Hey all been struggling with this one and I give up

It started when I tried to get majordomo up and possibly trying to get
roots mail forwarded;

I get Dec 3 12:48:51 teapottraveler sm-mta[7759]: gB3HmgVn007758:
SYERR(root): hash map "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases.db:
No such file or directory

I created a aliases.db and message changed to inappropriate file type or
format I removed it and message reverted to one above.

I deinstalled majordomo and message continues

The only line I changed in aliases is root: pixiedave to forward roots
mail to pixiedaves commented out or uncommented the message repeats
every few minutes

Any help or pointers  thanks