Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:09:54 +0200
From:      Joep Grooten <joep@di.nl>
To:        Deepwell Internet <freebsd@deepwell.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trouble ticket software.

On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 06:06:41PM -0700, Deepwell Internet wrote:
> I'm thinking of developing a trouble ticket system for an ISP.  I just
> thought I'd check here and see if anyone knows of a solution I could use to
> do this without writing it from scratch.

We've just released a ticketing system for FreeBSD called Loggie, you'll find
it on:

	http://www.di.nl/loggie/

Currently it only supports MySQL but later this week a Solid Server version
will be released. Work on a PostgreSQL version is on it's way...

> The system could break down reports about the types of customer problems
> and the regions.  It could report on a sudden increase in disconnects or
> low-connect-speeds above what is normal for a given switch.  Then, I could
> print a list of telephone prefixes for those customers to send off to the
> telco.

Reporting is still missing in Loggie but you can generate your own reports
using the data from the tickets in the database...

Joep