Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 18:46:07 +0000
From:      Didier Derny <didier@aida.org>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
Cc:        FREEBSD-ISP-L <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>, FREEBSD-QUESTIONS-L <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Need tips and tricks for UUCP mail and news

Brian Tao wrote:

>     Are there any FAQ's or guides on setting up a UUCP mail and news
> server under FreeBSD?  I have almost no clue about how UUCP works (I
> figure everyone should be able to use SMTP or NNTP by now) with
> regards to spooling messages for later delivery or how it interacts
> with the mail and news server to send/receieve messages.

UUCP works fine.

if you are providing the uucp services to your client
you can use the mailertable feature to determine which
sites have their mail sent through uucp.

for your client, I suppose that he only has a uucp connection
no acces to internet so the best for him his probably to
declare "your site" as smart host.
he will still be able to use smtp on his internal network.

there are absolutely no problem for inn that can be configured
to feed a uucp site / or to get the news from uucp

if you want my configuration files email me to didier@omnix.fr.org
add something like "HELP!!!!!!" in the subject. (I receive a lot
of mail)

--
Didier Derny    | Microsoft Free Computer.         | AM586-160 ASUS PVI 486SP3
didier@aida.org | Private FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE site. | aha2940 / 1Gb HAWK