Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:07:50 +0200
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Odd log entries...an attempted breakin?

--0__=FtUPYGBv2pSeT3tWZ31XTVsaE8QFV5GyonpmHKsyEtwmcMo7pWwvGn7X

Hello,

Anyway, is it at all reasonable to have an rpc port open on a internet-accessible machine ?

Even if the code in FreeBSD has been audited, you never know if there is one more (potentially
exploitable) bug.

     TfH

Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG> on 21/09/2000 03:04:46