Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:01:23 -0300
From:      David Bremner <bremner@unb.ca>
To:        Frank Laszlo <laszlof@vonostingroup.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Install a Perl module that's not currently a port?

    >> I'll likely create my own port then, as I don't want to get off
    >> the portupgrade track. I was hoping that there was a CPAN
    >> wrapper that would "portify" modules brought in via CPAN
    >> automatically.
    >>
    >> -T
    >>

    Frank> Not that I can think of. google might tell you something
    Frank> different though..

Have a look for BSDPAN.  It is about halfway to what you want I
figure. Basically when you install a package the "perl way" on
FreeBSD, it makes a package entry so that you can e.g. delete it using
pkg_delete.  But I don't think it gives you any ability to upgrade.

Basically I think there is nothing to do if you are using one of the
perl versions from the ports.

db