Date:      Tue, 09 Mar 1999 11:13:19 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        kerberus@inetu.net
Cc:        "freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: compatibility list

In message <36E51B7E.7B572F0C@inetu.net> Kerberus writes:
: Ummm think you can help me get a pcmcia card that worked fine under
: 2.2.8-PAO to work again under 3.1,cause i upgraded last night and used
: the same config info i did on the 2.2.8 release suck at base mem 280 and
: irq 7 and nada,it see that the card is there and inserted in the pcmcia
: slot, but it refuses to initialize it, should i be using pccardd or ?? is
: this now supposed to be configured in the kernel somehow.

Please send me the output of dmesg, plus the config you are trying to
use.  There is likely something simple that is going on.  Also, a
pccardc dumpcis would be useful as well.

This is assuming that the hardware is supported under 3.1R.  If this
is, eg, a aic-6x60 based scsi card then you are SOL.

Warner