Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 17:03:20 -0700
From:      Josh MacDonald <jmacd@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Subject:   Re: Patches for gcc 2.7.2

> On Mon, 13 May 1996, Kees Jan Koster wrote:
>
> > Hoi Hackers,
> >
> > I've tried to install g++ 2.7.2 on my 2.1.0-release machine, but it does no
> > seem an out-of-the-box installation.
> >
> > I modified config/freebsd.h to not generate .weak symbols, and then g++
> > installs and runs all right. However, I get some weird errors from program
> > compiled with 2.7.2. Some die on a signal 11, usually before entering main(
>)
> > or after exiting main().

Usually this change alone works for me.  There are still some things
you need to modify in the headers to get the correct types for va_list
and wchar_t as far as I remember.  I've used g++-2.7.2 to compile some
fairly compilcated non-trivial code and have had no problems.

I can send you the set of patches that I use, or upload binaries.

-josh