Date:      15 Mar 2000 23:19:22 +0100
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@titine.fr.eu.org>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP! old wd driver going away

Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk> writes:

> Well, you could supply me with data on what goes wrong and help
> to get it resolved, thats the way things work around here...

I'm really ready to do this as i've the same pb with a not so old
Desktop under one of the latest 4.0 Current before the 5.0 fork. I've
posted my system informations in this list
(<87vh2pkyg1.fsf@titine.fr.eu.org>).

Ahem, sorry, I've forgot to mention the version of ATA driver (it was
a cvsup on March 9).

I'm currently make a new 4-Stable world and gonna try again with
ata-all.c v 1.50.

> The wd driver is only removed from current, so you will still
> be able to follow 4.x...

Sure wd is working, but i can't imagine why ata don't on a 3 years old
system...

--
Eric Jacoboni
               Ta mère, son mot de passe c'est « toto » !