Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:11:08 -0700
From:      GVB <gvb@tns.net>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Radius Authentication

I have been struck with the task of setting up a Radius Server running
FreeBSD.  We have a 3com/USR Total Control Rack with a HiPer Access card
and a Network Management Card and 4 modems (each has 24 modems I believe).
Does anyone have any experience with running the USR Total Control Rack and
having it authenticate to a FreeBSD Radius server?  Basically I am looking
at which Radius software to run, whether it be Merrit or Livingston, etc.
Any help would be greatly appriciated.  I have been toying with it for a
little bit, Setup a radius machine and had the rack authenticate to the
Radius machine, but I locked myself out of the rack because its now trying
to authenticate to the Radius machine even for the Administrator account
and I dont know the correct parameters to set up on the Radius machine to
allow the Administrator to log in with the correct permissions.  Anyway,
that all can be fixed, I was just toying with it.  But if anyone has
succesfully done this, let me know...

Thanks..

GVB