Date:      Tue, 05 Jun 2001 06:02:21 +0100
From:      Jim Jowski <jowski.ca@netzero.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   defective CD in BSD 4.2 Power PAK

Hi,

I recently purchased a copy of the BSD 4.2 Power PAK and when I went to
load some of the ports, Toolkit CD #6 gave me problems.  It seems that
this disk (in my copy at least) has problems.  If I try to load directly
from it, the load won't complete and if I try to work around that by
copying the disk to my hard drive, the copy slows to about 1/20th of
normal before quitting.  I looked at the physical condition of the CD
and noticed that the media doesn't appear to be centered on the center
of the disk.  (It doesn't appear to be concentric.)  I think this is why
I'm having problems with this disk and I hope you will be kind enough to
send me a replacement.

Again, it's Toolkit Disc 6 in the BSD 4.2 Power PAK.  Thanks for an
otherwise great product.  I enjoyed reading the manual that came with it
and the DNS portion was of great help.  Finally, are there any plans for
some IPv6 utilities (like an RA server?) in the future?

Thanks again,

Jim Jowski
960 Perkins Court
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762