Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 1995 00:05:40 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        cross@math.psu.edu (Dan Cross)
Cc:        p.richards@elsevier.co.uk, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A call for DNS secondaries to server for <dom>.freebsd.org

It seems that Dan Cross said:
> > What do you think? I can get the domain name and a name server sorted
> > out but not the actual mirror sites, not enough bandwidth.
>
> I agree with this logic, it also fits in with the problem that Jordan
> mentioned regarding the existing freebsd.org stuff in the US.  Why bother
> changing stuff around when there's an easier, and arguably more intuitive
> alternative?

Forget about it in France.  A new domain  after the first  one that you get
with your provider  will cost you between   $200/y and $600/y  depending on
whether he (the  provider)  has paid  the $6000  fee  to be  in  the FR-NIC
council or not.

In France, it is not as easy as paying $50/y for a domain :-(

In other words, forget about freebsd.org.fr.  I don't even think they would
accept it as  they ask the name  to be a registered trade  mark in order to
reduce name space pollution in .fr.

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #1: Sun Dec  3 14:34:17 MET 1995