Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:30:01 -0400
From:      Paul Halliday <transmogrify@sympatico.ca>
To:        Mark Bath <Mark@baggywrinkle.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xicrom (REM56) 10/100Mb Ethernet and 56K Modem

Mark Bath wrote:

> I have read a number of posts on this mailing list about getting the above
> card
> to work with FreeBSD. I am somewhat confused as to what works and does not
> so could someone please clarify which version of FreeBSD I need to run to
> get the card working. I do not mind at the moment if the modem side does not
> work, but the ethernet side I need to get working.

	Hi.

A: There are a couple of possible problems.  First of all, FreeBSD does
   not support multi-function cards, so if you have a combo
   ethernet/modem card (such as the 3C562), it won't work.

Derived from :
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.0-RELEASE/TROUBLE.TXT

Paul H.

Don't underestimate the power of
stupid people in large groups.

Email: dp@penix.org & transmogrify@sympatico.ca
BIO: http://bling.dyn.dhs.org
GPG Key fingerprint: 2D7C A7E2 DB1F EA5F 8C6F D5EC 3D39 F274 4AA3E8B9
Public Key's available here: http://bling.dyn.dhs.org/texts/public.html