Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 1997 02:19:02 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, bradley@dunn.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UUCP (important clarification)

> sendmail's way of queueing mail is not compatible
> with ETRN.

This is probably more accurate.

It's actually a pretty simple hack to sendmail to name the file based
on the destination domain, and a little more complicated to make it
queue run only on that domain.

Actually, I have a slightly different gross hack I've used to avoid
hacking the sendmail queueing itself (still have to hack ETRN, though):

o	Under cron, grep the domain(s) you ETRN for out of the header
	entries in the queue, and move them to another (domain specific)
	directory.

o	Connect the ETRN up for the domain so that it uses the
	-oQ <domain specific directory>

You just have to be sure to process it frequently enough (or at the
right times) to avoid introducing a delivery latency.

Then ETRN never runs except on files queued for a particular domain.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.