Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 01:31:10 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christian Kratzer <ck@toplink.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Going gaga over Cyclades board

Hi Guys,

we've been trying to wire up a cyclades 1400 based pccom 8 /port serial
adapter under FreeBSD 2.1r.

- I have compiled a kernel with the cy driver and used MAKEDEV
  ttyc0 ... ttyc7 to make the devices.
- We have the board configured to irq 15 and d800.
- The card is regcognized by the kernel on bootup.

	Apr 25 01:09:13 mail /kernel: cy0 irq 15 maddr 0xd8000 msize 8192 on isa

- I have edited the modem part of rc.serial to initialize ttyc0 .. ttyc7
- We have 8 modems connected by DB25 connectors to the board
- We use an ASUS P55 Tri Motherboard

The problem is that using 'kermit -l /dev/cuac0'  just hangs. No echo
no nothing.   Trying to exit kermit will leave it hanging around forever.

We're at our wits end currently and would appreciate any pointers.

Greetings
Christian Kratzer

--
TopLink GbR, Internet Services				info@toplink.net