Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 1999 19:33:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      vagner@ginger.dhis.org
To:        matt <matt@Mlink.NET>
Cc:        FreeBSD-QUESTIONS <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Virtual IPs

you need the books on Apache and bind/DNS.

bind will setup your hostnames on your server
and direct them while the apache server serves
the pages from the directories.

or you can have someone else host your domain names
and just serve the pages from your server
anyway you need those books because it is beyond
the scope of freebsd to teach how to setup
networks.

the isbn #'s are

bind  1-56592-512-2

check amazon.com for apache

On 02-Jun-99 matt wrote:

> Does anyone know where I could get a good FAQ or How-To on virtual IPs..
> Are there daemons that manage the routing of them? etc.. I know I could
> ifconfig <> [] [] alias them, but there just has to be a better way to
> do that.. Many places run vhosts, but I've never seen any good FAQs or
> How-To's on them... Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Matt
>
> --
> DISCLAIMER: Anyone sending me unsolicited commercial electronic mail
> will be charged a $100 fee for time spent reading it. Do NOT send this
> type of electronic mail to me. In reading this, you automatically agree
> to be subjected to these terms:
>
> US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets the
> definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is
> unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By
> Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is punishable
> by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater,
> for each violation.

----------------------------------
Vetex
C/O L. Vagner
3600 W. Mountain Drive
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Webpage: nadxa.com
E-Mail: vagner@ginger.vagner.com
Date: 02-Jun-99
Time: 19:28:18

Windows Exception Error:  noun: Meaning-
With the exception of a reboot anything
you do will fail to recover the system.